Sunday, August 1, 2010
asteroids and ear tubes
Sophie has struggled with hearing issues for years. She has had ear tubes twice and MANY ear infections that don't ever quite go away. Last month, she was having so much trouble hearing, I thought the next step was checking out schools for the deaf...seriously! She would strain to hear me read her a bedtime story, listen to the TV at full volume and sit 2 feet in front of it, and just miss all kinds of conversations going on around her. I was so sad for her! I didn't know what we were going to do. Finally, we got her in to see a new Ear Nose Throat doctor. He immediately recommeded he remove her adenoids and do a thrid ear tube placement. Sophie did her best to hold back tears (she isn't a big surgery fan), and we set a date for the surgery. On our way home, she called my sister and complained that her summer was ruined and "Now I have to get my ASTEROIDS out and TUBES AGAIN!" She has since learned the correct pronunciation, but not before she called them androids and anstroids. Anyways, whatever she calls them, they will be out before the end of August. I am praying that this will be the answer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bradley had his adnoids out in May. It's really like the easiest thing ever. The hardest part mom worrying while they're under. There wasn't really any soreness or anything. Back to normal in a couple hours after the anasethia wore off.
Post a Comment