Friday, August 27, 2010

au revoir adenoids...hello ear tubes

Well, the day finally came...and went. Sophie did great! We arrived at HOAG at 5:00 am (yep, 5:00am). She got all set up complete with gown, cap and that O2 finger monitor thing. No tears, just smiles and a bit of anxiety. I think she was thinking of all of the varieties of popsicles she had waiting in the freezer in the picture above. After she came out of surgery, we went to her private recovery room. She wasn't as perky as she was going in - she had an upset stomach so we stayed until she could keep her ice chips down. We left around 2:30 so it was a long day.
When she got home, she was ready to dive into her popsicle stash. The most excellent Stephanie and Sidney dropped by with a little treat for her (Root Beer - her fave). Love'em.
By the end of the day, Sophie was starving. After a day of popsicles and noodle soup, she was desperate for solids. So I gave in and let her have a slice of cheese pizza - the worst thing you could eat after surgery, I think. Oh well. She isn't complaining so I'm not worried. I am so glad this day is over :)

1 comment:

Emily C said...

Brave sweet and cute little girl that Sophie is.