
WOW! Times sure have changed. I came across this newspaper clipping tucked away in my in my Grandma's cookbook. I thought it was so interesting that the government advised housewives to get those desserts made for the busy summer days ahead! It is definately a different world that it was in the 1950's.
4 comments:
i'm on it!! i'm making space in my freezer to prepare my summertime deserts!!! i love your blog, i don't know anyone one else who reads cookbooks too. shelby sees me always looking at cookbooks and so from school she brought home the easybake oven cookbook for me to read to her at night. how are things going?
that is so great that you have those cookbooks and cut-outs from your grandmother. i would love to have something like that from my grandma, i think i will ask her!
That's awesome! I need to make some desserts for summer too! Well, technically it is summer already, right? And I could use some chocolate right now... I don't know how much will get frozen for later...
I love reading cook books too! That article is out of control! You know that your grandma's cook book have to have some of the best recipes around! That was way back in the day before they worried about fat and calories! :)
Post a Comment