
My home in Canada was along the Red River that crossed over from Emerson Manitoba into into North Dakota. I remember that river and all of the commotion it would cause every spring when all of the snow melted. In 1979, the river flooded the town and ruined all of the farmers' hopes for a good crop season. Our community's success depended a lot upon that river.

I found this recipe for
Red River Cereal Bread on one of my favorite blogs - The Knead for Bread. I immediately thought of my home in the "Great White North." I have never seen Red River Cereal down here - I would have noticed - so I called my mom up at home and asked her if she could do some grocery shopping for me. She sent me the cereal (love you mom) which is made from flax (cracked and whole), cracked wheat and cracked rye.

I made it and it is delicious! I will have to either figure out how to make my own Red River Cereal, move back to Canada, or have a constant supply mailed to my home here on a monthly basis.
3 comments:
YUMMY! LOVE ANY TYPE OF HOMEMADE BREAD! WILL YOU BE MAKING IT FOR SACRAMENT? HA! HA!
Oh yeah, I can confirm that this bread was dEElicious!! YUMMMm!
We lived in Grand Forks for several years back in 1997 when the Red River flooded so badly and Grand Forks caught fire (if you remember that). They cancelled law school, gave everyone passing grades, canceled graduation and evacuated the city. Last thing we saw as we left was the downtown in flames in the rear view mirror. Hard to believe it was over ten years ago . . .
Post a Comment