I came across these pictures the other day as I was cleaning out a closet. They were taken right after Steve graduated from law school. Right before he graduated, we decided that California was calling our name!
So, we packed our moving van and headed for our new home. We made a "little" detour along the way to see my family up in Manitoba.
I can't believe how time flies. The kids have grown up so much! I can't remember not having Sophie around. To think this was almost 10 years ago.
I remember being so excited about moving to California. I had never been there before, and Steve had only been once when he went to Disneyland in middle school. I also remember being pretty scared. When I thought of California, I just thought of movie stars, beach, and no snow - all of which were completely foreign to me. I had no idea how our family would fit in such a place. Well, we love it! We love everything about it (except the house prices and no snow at Christmas time). Still - the clock is ticking too fast for me. I'm glad I came across these pictures . They remind me that we aren't getting any younger (unfortunately there are plenty of things that remind me of this) and that we need to make the most of the short time we have together.
2 comments:
I love the pictures...especially the one of you and dad. Super sweet! Alex and Momo were so small and cute...oh yeah and Steve too!:}
waaah!! time IS flying by!! Alex and Matt are darling!!!!!!! Wish we would've known those cute babies! Love the post, keep 'em, coming...
Post a Comment