Friday, May 30, 2008

Calling All Yogis

I am slowly becoming a fan of hot yoga. Today was my fifth consecutive day. I post this because I can't believe I like it! I can't believe I'm not passing out, nauseated, begging to be let out of the room! I also can't believe the effect it is having on me. My getting-older-everydayness is less noticable to me and I think I am more patient. SO AWESOME! I have knee pain, back pain and neck pain all from different life experiences. This week, I have noticed an improvement in all of those areas. The best thing about it for this week is that I have been pretty good about eating the good stuff. Probably because staring at myself in a mirror for 90 minutes, wearing workout clothes and looking like a drowned rat makes me notice things I generally try to avoid noticing. Anyways, I really like it! I still can't touch my knees to my forehead, shins or anywhere else amazing - I don't get how that is even possible, but one day... who knows :) I try to hit the 6:00 am session - so come and be my yoga buddy!

2 comments:

Baak Talk said...

You go girl! I'm sorry, but I don't have your drive to suffer for the sake of vanity (j/k). Actually, I'm jealous and admire you! I just don't think I want you to sit next to me at the beach this season~

Luv Ya,
Bec

Jen said...

I just can't wait til you can do those poses we saw online...promise you'll post pictures when you do? awesome.