
Last night, after rushing from swim team to home, showering kids and taking care of dinner, there wasn't enough time to carry on with our date night plans. So we decided to have a DVD movie night (Napoleon Dynamite) preceded by a milk chocolate taste test. I saw the idea for family taste testing on Scribbit - my sister's friend's blog - and thought it would be fun to try out. We decided to test the Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate Pound Plus bar, Hershey's milk chocolate, Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate Truffle bar, and Fresh and Easy's One Huge Hunk Belgian Milk Chocolate bar.

The family had little score cards to rate each bite of chocolate from 1 star (I didn't like it - and yes, this rating did appear on a score card to my surprise), to 5 stars (AWESOME). They would take their bite, get all of the yumminess out of it and then wash it down with a glass of milk. We started out with Hershey's. Everyone recognized it immediately from any S'more they had ever eaten. We then tested the Trader Joe Pound Plus bar which is, in my opinion, definately a step up from the Hershey bar - but not in everyone's opinion! Sophie still preferred bar number one. We followed this with the T.J. Milk Chocolate truffle bar which surprisingly received a big thumbs down from our testers. Sophie actually spit her bite out and gagged a few times. (She gave it a 1 star). Finally, we ended with the Fresh and Easy bar. All I heard was "Mmmmmmm." I figured we had a winner.

In the end , Sophie picked the Hershey bar as her number one favorite, followed by Fresh and Easy as a close second.

Matt is a T.J. Pound Plus fan - and thought he should get the whole bar since he was the only one who rated it as #1.

But the winner of the challenge, with the most total stars, was Fresh and Easy's One Huge Hunk Belgian Milk Chocolate bar! Next taste test...vanilla ice cream.
6 comments:
Well now you've got me curious--who is your sister? Does she live here in Anchorage?
Oh! Kelly cuts my hair and works with me in YW (though now that I type that I figure you probably already know that :) Wonderful to meet you!
can we come to the next taste testing? Sounds like fun! (although you left out the BEST chocolate... DOVE)
~Bec
Great idea... for sure going to copy it!
You have such great ideas, Kristin!
Ditto. I'm totally copying this one. Love Sophie's gag reflex - cutie!!
Oh yeah, can you be my mom?
Post a Comment