So it is Monday night. (Emphasis on the NIGHT). The night before school starts. I have just cleaned up dinner and the kitchen is CLOSED. I had the exhausting job of happily convincing Sophie it was a good idea to take a bath before bed so we wouldn't have drama in the morning while trying to get a quick FHE together (got to start the year off right!) when I hear Matt yell out,
"Mo-ooom...I have to bake cookies for a chemistry assignment due tomorrow."
Me: (no words, maybe I imagined him saying that)
Matt: Mom? Mom?
Me: (said something under my breath...can't remember what)
So we made cookies!!
And then decided we would resolve to find the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe as a New Year's Resolution.
They were worth messing up my kitchen for.
RECIPE #1
1/2 lb. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 T. vanilla
1 lb. chocolate chips, chopped well in a blender (or not...we used mini chips AND unchopped big ones.
Cream butter, sugars and eggs till light and fluffy. Add flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. Refrigerate for 2-24 hours. (We skipped this...no time!!) Roll into tablespoon sized balls and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
We loved these! Chewy inside, crispy outside. Mmmmm. These will be hard to beat!




No comments:
Post a Comment