I have learned to love my crazy kitchen. She is old. She needs TLC. She is behind the times by a few decades. But she is patient with my makeover abilities! I began taking off cabinet doors to prime and paint last week. But we got sidetracked with more important maintenance issues, so we are cabinet door-less! AND in the DARK. It is a CAVE in there! The lighting is very dim. And it is annoying when you are trying to make dinner, especially this amazing soup which you should make tonight for dinner cuz it is SO GOOD. So in the process of making said soup, I decided to make my own over-the-range-lighting with duct tape and Christmas tree lights. Perfect! Not cute, but perfect! I have so many Christmas lights and nowhere to use them due to my un-decoratable house, so they rescued me and my kitchen last night.
Sophie responded well to my lighting addition. She danced to the Christmas music I was playing and then helped me make dinner. I should put these up in every room in the house! Her bathroom needs cleaning so maybe I'll put them around the toilet and see what happens. And then maybe around the piano. Hmmm.
Make this soup tonight! And put lights up where you need little "elves" to come help you.
No comments:
Post a Comment