Friday, December 2, 2011

advent



I am a day behind schedule!  This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions, and we are starting December 2 this year.  Oh well!  For the past few years I have made an activity advent calendar to make sure we actually make some holiday traditions happen!  I am a list person, and this is my "fun" way to make a list for the season.  This year, I made a paper chain.  On each link, I wrote down an activity we will do on that day as a family.  Every day, they just cut off the bottom link and then they get excited.  (Well they are supposed to get excited).  Because I have teens and a tween, I am expecting resistance to a few of these things. That is why the activities are "invite a friend" friendly and involve LOTS OF FOOD AND TREATS.  This is key.  Love this time of year :)

(I put a ring on for December 1 anyway...a bit OCD, but I made the activity something the kids would complain about... so we won't do it, and I won't have anxiety...that is good.)

No comments: