Friday, April 16, 2010

My lesson for today





Yesterday, I made a spontaneous decision to go to the temple and hit the 8:30 am session. I dropped Matt off at school at 8:01 and raced to PCH to head over (is the freeway faster??). Anyways, I pulled in to the temple at 8:30 figuring there was NO WAY I would make it, and to my surprise, as I rounded the corner to go to the changing room, THE DOOR WAS STILL OPEN! Woo Hoo!! I made it. It was great! For an immediate blessing for my temple service :) I went to Sprinkles Cupcakes on the way home. I got my usual - Red Velvet plus one I haven't tried (carrot...yum) and then one more for Steve (coconut). So I ate the carrot one on the way home. So good. Then, during a particularly stressful part of my day, I ate the Red Velvet. Okay, so I should be set for treats for the day, right? Well, Steve got home and I handed him the box with the Coconut cupcake in it, expecting him to eat it right then and there. No. He didn't. He said he was going to eat dinner and then the cupcake for dessert. He put the cupcake on his end table, beside me.

Now, my lesson for the day. I read this today .

I AM THE MARSHMALLOW EATER!! I have no self control. I learned that I have a lot to work on in this area. Not only in the area of patience, but treat control! Why is it so hard?

No comments: