Friday, September 18, 2009

HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY, MATT!!

Here is Matt on his 'Birthday Eve' with some of his friends. Steve captured the last hours of his 13th year on his iPhone. Steve took them to a Ducks game and it was so fun for him...ANYWAYS...today he is 14!!!!
Here is the first picture of him at 14. (It is an annyoying family tradition to take this picture).
I can't believe this. I remember his baby years like they were yesterday. sigh.

There wasn't much time for celebrating due to the fact that they had to be at school in 45 minutes, so they got ready and made plans for tonight. Here is Matt practicing a new piano song for his recital before heading off to school.
Every year I decorate the front room with a homemade banner (usually made that morning cuz I remember around 5 am that I do this).

This way, I use all of the scrapbook supplies that I bought but will never use. And it is super cheap! And the kids love it!
This year I added 14 paper hearts that we will fill out throughout the day. "14 THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT MATT." I am sure we will have a few sarcastic ones in there by the time the day is over...but hopefully he will feel the love :)

1 comment:

Baak Talk said...

super fun idea. I think I'm gonna steal it!