Saturday, August 15, 2009

Our !17th! Anniversary

For our anniversary, I took the kids to In and Out for lunch. (Steve couldn't make it).
It is their favorite burger place EVER.
Then we dropped off all the kids at their friends' houses (thank you friends!!) and Steve took me to San Diego for a mini getaway. It was SO fun!! I had never been to Old Town San Diego before.
Here are some of the old Victorian homes by our hotel.
This one is haunted!! A yard worker told us that he sees a young woman with long dark hair and a white dress in the window sometimes at 7 in the morning when he is working. YIKES!
I just had to get a picture of this random sign. The store wasn't open, and I was so curious as to what "Superior Canadian Nutrition" was. Must check in next time!
The stores in the little shopping district were so cute. This one smelled like licorice because of this wall...all licorice, all shapes and flavors.
I love the look of candy sticks so I snapped this picture.
Steve used to work for Wells Fargo - must get a picture of him beside an original coach.
I much prefer texting to morse code.
Here is me at the jail cell.
I love one room school houses! This was fun to see.
Steve liked the Dunce cap. Outside on the school window was posted the school rules and punishments. Kids got 10 lashings if they were found playing cards or if the boys were mean to the girls. That was the most lashings you could get!
We took a picture of the Apothecary because Alex did a report on Apothecaries in 5th grade.
We loved this restaurant and ate here twice because of the amazing salsa. It was SOOO good.
These guys came and sang to us...love them!

3 comments:

Baak Talk said...

SOOO fun! YOu got to stay the night too! AWESOME!

Happy Anniversary!

Emily C said...

happy anniversary you two crazy love birds!

that sounds like such a fun getaway. now i'm craving good salsa.

Matt and Melody Odell said...

You are such a beautiful couple, I have never been to old town SD. It looked like so much fun.