Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun painting project

I am running out of ideas to entertain these kiddo-s on their summer vacation!! I remembered this the other day, and it was really fun!
In a college art class, we were asked to copy a famous masterpiece painting and we could only use red, yellow, blue, black and white paint. I took a painting off of my wall and suggested the kids try to copy it. Alex wanted to copy the form, but change the colors. Sophie wanted to paint a sunset and Matt wanted to paint a flower.
It was really fun! We will definitely do it again using masterpiece pictures from the internet to copy.

3 comments:

Emily C said...

wow, you have some artists on your hands

Baak Talk said...

those really are good!

Do you think if I take my kids to the getty museum too some will rub off on them?

Baak Talk said...

PS I so see you in that picture of Alex. You've been hiding in there the whole time and now it's blossoming out!