Sunday, August 9, 2009

Santa Monica and The Getty Museum

We had so much fun this weekend up in LA. We had never been to Santa Monica, so we met Steve's friend for lunch at the end of the Santa Monica pier.

Here we are on the ferris wheel.

This is the view of the pier from the top of the ferris wheel.

I don't know what movies this merry go round has been in, but Steve's friend, Gene, told us it had been in a few.
I loved walking along the promenade! It was so fun! Next time, shopping will be part of the agenda.
We grabbed a gelato for a snack.

Here are some street performers.
The girls loved this little dog. It looked fake! Just like a toy.

We decided to go to the water just before heading to the Getty museum.



The kids loved the sketching room. It was a great day.



We started to get tired and found this in the family room just in time to sit down awhile.




I bought this print (poster) years ago when we were first married. It was fun to see the original. It reminds me of Manitoba :)

The kids were becoming statues while we waited for the tram. It was a really fun Saturday.

2 comments:

Baak Talk said...

very fun family day and cultural too! (way to sneak that in)

I recognize the orange toes. Halloween in August!

Matt and Mel Odell said...

Your such a fun mom, I want to be part of the family too!