Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To make life easier...

Since I am in the phase of life where much of my time is spent driving kids from various point A's to point B's, I need something to distract the kids from each other, their hunger issues, their daily frustrations, etc. while we spend time in the car together.  I LOVE books on CD.  
They have saved us in many situations!  On a three day drive to see my parents up in Canada a few summers ago, we listened to several of these little gems.  We stopped in Idaho Falls for dinner at Wendy's.  The kids were tired of listening to Superfudge for the third time and I was nervous for what to use for their entertainment for the next few days.  Luckily, Wendy was putting books on CD in the kids' meals!  We inherited a Junie B. Jones book, and a Magic Tree House book for the remainder of the trip.  So awesome.
I pick these up weekly, it seems, at the library.  We listen to it on the way to school, dance, soccer, grocery store, piano lessons, church, WHERE EVER!  The kids are quiet and happy and it is a good way to sneak in some story time - even for the 'big' kids.  (Matt won't admit it, but he enjoys the stories too).

1 comment:

Baak Talk said...

we LOVE fudge! We're reading the last of his books and the boys simply don't know what they are going to do without some fudge-mania before bedtime!