Monday, March 9, 2009

feelin' the love (even with the time change)

First of all I want to say how AWESOME it is that Target on Adams and Brookhurst has brought back All Bran with Yogurt Bites. I could eat cereal for any meal and this one is one of my faves.
Okay, so we had kind of a fun FHE tonight. 'Love' was the lesson, so I decided to bring out the love glasses for dinner. I cut out quite a few hearts out of old scrapbook paper and put different scripture references and questions on the backs that had to do with loving one another. I taped them to the wall and the couch. I left a few blank on the back; those were the 'hug someone' hearts.
So we began by singing 'Love at Home'. Then I told 2 stories from the Gospel Art Kit about how Jesus loved children and how He washed his disciples feet and which showed us that we need to love one another. Then we played the game. We took turns picking a heart off the wall and reading what was on the back. If it was blank, you had to give someone a hug (you couldn't pick the same person twice!) We looked up the scriptures on the backs and talked about each one. Some had questions like "What did you do that was nice for somebody else today?"
We didn't finish reading all of the hearts, so we decided to leave them up for the rest of the week and play a bit each day to remind us of the lesson.



It was really fun! The kids didn't fight so that was REALLY great.
No FHE is complete without some sugary goodness at the end...
So we decorated some cookies.
Yum.
We finished the night by offering a reward for the "loviest" person for this week. The prize is a bottle of Grape Crush (get the love thing there? Crush = love :).
Will Alex win the grand prize?

Will it be Sophie?Could it be Steve?
It could be Matt... Hmmm.
I don't want it - I'd rather win a box of All Bran with Yogurt Bites.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are so cute! I LOVE this post. Get it? LOVE!? Your givin me good ideas - I like the hugging bit, I have a son that needs to learn to hug more. Oh, I forgot to tell you the Kashi Squares ARE great! I've been addicted to them for quite sometime. Haven't tried the All- Bran with Yogurt - but I do love All - Bran plain. We are serious cereal lovers.