Yesterday, as I was driving the kids home from school, Sophie began her "please can we go to McDonald's...I'm starving!!!" I really try to avoid going there after school when our own fridge is minutes away, but I drove up to the drive through anyway and ordered 2 plain cheeseburgers and 1 cheeseburger with ketchup only. Then, out of the corner of my eye, in the $1.00 section of the menu, I saw it: McChicken Sandwich. I wasn't even hungry, but before I knew what was happening, the words were flowing out of my mouth - "And one McChicken with cheese and one large fry." Regret started seeping into my whole being! But it was too late. I drove around, picked up the food and pulled into the first parking stall I could see. I passed out the cheeseburgers and there was my order at the bottom of the bag. It has been years since I've had one! And let me tell you, it was...THE BEST McCHICKEN WITH CHEESE EVER!! I didn't have a camera to record the moment. Alex says I shouldn't blog this because I don't have a picture of me eating one of these babies. Hmm. Maybe I will have to go back, for blogging's sake of course.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Another Holiday Blessing...the McChicken
Yesterday, as I was driving the kids home from school, Sophie began her "please can we go to McDonald's...I'm starving!!!" I really try to avoid going there after school when our own fridge is minutes away, but I drove up to the drive through anyway and ordered 2 plain cheeseburgers and 1 cheeseburger with ketchup only. Then, out of the corner of my eye, in the $1.00 section of the menu, I saw it: McChicken Sandwich. I wasn't even hungry, but before I knew what was happening, the words were flowing out of my mouth - "And one McChicken with cheese and one large fry." Regret started seeping into my whole being! But it was too late. I drove around, picked up the food and pulled into the first parking stall I could see. I passed out the cheeseburgers and there was my order at the bottom of the bag. It has been years since I've had one! And let me tell you, it was...THE BEST McCHICKEN WITH CHEESE EVER!! I didn't have a camera to record the moment. Alex says I shouldn't blog this because I don't have a picture of me eating one of these babies. Hmm. Maybe I will have to go back, for blogging's sake of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that looks like the chik-fil-A sandwhiches. those things are a peice of heaven!!! i will try the mcchicken soon!!
Kierstin and Bradley love those too. I just haven't brought myself to try it. Hmmm
Post a Comment