Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sophie's "Nature" and Oatmeal

We have been going to the library regularly after school so the kids can get their homework done without distractions (TV, fridge, etc.).
It has been a good thing, except Sophie doesn't have enough homework to keep her busy for the hours that the other two kids require.
So yesterday, Sophie and I got the big kids fed and settled, and then we took a Nature Walk in Central Park. We took a camera so Sophie took pictures of her favorite things she found in nature, and I was able to take pictures of 'Sophie's nature'.
Here are a few of Sophie's photos. She loved the flowers the most.
It was fun to be able to have a little one on one with her.


On a different note, now that the kids are off to school, I wanted to try this easy oatmeal recipe for my breakfast that I found on Beauty That Moves blog. If you like oatmeal, banana and chocolate, you'll love it!
Chunky Monkey Oatmeal
In a pot, mix 1 cup water (or less) with 1/2 cup oatmeal (not instant) and 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Simmer a few minutes and add 1 chopped banana, 1 T. brown sugar. Remove from heat and add 1 small handful chocolate chips, 1 small handful walnuts and 1 dallop of vanilla yogurt. I like a little milk in mine too. Bon appetit!

3 comments:

Jen said...

mmmm...I'm definitely trying that as soon as I get me some chips. Looks like dessert disguised as breaky...LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

what a good idea with taking the kids to the library for homework. I am perpetually guarding the fridge becuase Lia is "hungry" about every 10 minutes. I will have to try the outside-the-house idea.

Amber said...

I tagged you. Go to my BLOG.