

As I was cleaning out a closet today, I came across my 7th grade "Significant Events" book that my teacher, Mr. Frank, made us keep. It was hilarious to see what I thought was significant about life at eleven years old. I just had to copy an entry here to reminisce.
Thursday, August 30, 1984
Yesterday, after school, my sister who is five years old went out to play with our cousin, Diane Smith. My other sister, who is 3 years old, went also. After a few hours my mom was wondering where they were. Usually, Kelly comes in for cookies, juice, etc. but today there was no sign of them. So Justin, my brother, and I went looking for them. We called for a few minutes but still no sign. Thats when Justin hopped on the motorbike and scanned the whole farm, until he saw Kelly, Kerri and Diane under the big crab apple tree. What a day!
I'm sure "hours" meant 10 minutes and you have to know the crab apple tree was a stone's throw away from the house. I'm sure we thought it was a big adventure to search for these little girls who my mom could probably see from the patio.
I just have to laugh because I can hear my own kids' thoughts in that passage. Everything is much bigger, scarier, more fun, more dramatic, than an adult could ever percieve.
Thursday, August 30, 1984
Yesterday, after school, my sister who is five years old went out to play with our cousin, Diane Smith. My other sister, who is 3 years old, went also. After a few hours my mom was wondering where they were. Usually, Kelly comes in for cookies, juice, etc. but today there was no sign of them. So Justin, my brother, and I went looking for them. We called for a few minutes but still no sign. Thats when Justin hopped on the motorbike and scanned the whole farm, until he saw Kelly, Kerri and Diane under the big crab apple tree. What a day!
I'm sure "hours" meant 10 minutes and you have to know the crab apple tree was a stone's throw away from the house. I'm sure we thought it was a big adventure to search for these little girls who my mom could probably see from the patio.
I just have to laugh because I can hear my own kids' thoughts in that passage. Everything is much bigger, scarier, more fun, more dramatic, than an adult could ever percieve.
6 comments:
Love those great Emerson memories. My sweet toothless smile is awesome too! Love it!
You look rad! I love this pic!! Oh and your Dad was a very handsome youngin' - I've said that before!! he he - hope he doesn't read this!
Don't need to ask which one you are Kristin. You're so adoreable!
Such a cute picture. I miss the good old days. Styles and all!
Wow! Your brother an Matt look A LOT alike. Other than the blond hair on Matt. Amazing.
I love the pics...matt looks so much like your bro. Later, Amber
Post a Comment