Friday, September 19, 2008

Teenager...at Last!

Matt celebrated his 13th birthday in August before school started. He knew his schedule may get in the way of all the fun if he waited until September to try and have a party. But we managed to have a mini-party right here at home before school started yesterday...
First of all, the traditional home made banner... (a great way to use up old scrapbook supplies:).
Then, of course, dancing!

Matt danced, but he forbid me to post a picture of it. The song of the day was "Leavin'" by Jessie McCartney (which Matt says he doesn't like, but sings it all day long). Then off to school!
Matt's dinner of choice was roast beef, baked potatoes, green beans and birthday cake. It was a perfect way to squeeze in a birthday celebration in the middle of a crazy weekday.
(I have to admit when I woke him up with the Happy Birthday Song, I felt a bit emotional knowing how quickly he is growing up. All those people that told me 'they grow up so fast' weren't kidding!)

3 comments:

Baak Talk said...

Happy Brithday to Matthew! Wow, it does go so fast, doesn't it?

Welcome to the teen-aged drama years. Maybe with support from eachother we'll survive... I WILL SURVIVE!

I didn't try the cookies yet, too busy. But I did buy the molasses so def. this week.

jkpieren said...

Momo you are making me cry. Stop growing up! Love ya little dude!

Emily C said...

matt was just telling us about his birthday cake and that it was the best cake he's ever had. He said it had a layer of taffy. What kind of cake was it?