The other day, my sister asked me to post some activity ideas to do with young children, so I went to my old scrapbooks to see what we used to do. I found this picture and thought ofJell-O! I don't ever make Jell-O, but for whatever reason, I always have several boxes of it in my cupboards. Back when my kids were young, I found a great alternate use for the stuff. I used to pour Jell-O into baking pans and let my kids practice letters or draw pictures in it with their fingers. This kept them busy for quite awhile.
Another great food item to play with is Kool-Aid. I found this great recipe to make play dough with it. It smells good, and is so easy:
2 pkgs. Kool-Aid
2 cups flour
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup salt
2 T. oil
Combine flour, salt, Kool-Aid, and oil. Mix until water is boiling. Add the water. Mix and let cool enough for your child to handle and mix thoroughly with their hands.
1 comment:
Momo was so little! What a little cutie!
Thanks for the fun ideas!:)
Post a Comment