Thursday, July 3, 2008

Makin' Jam

When Jen called and said she had loads of apricots and was making jam, she asked me to join in. Steve was all for it. It is his favorite jam and we made a lot.
Here is me seeing if Tyra Banks is right when she says that sticking your neck out is the way to take a picture.
We had 4 ladies and two little girls involved in making this yummy stuff. It is the only way to do it. I remember my mom canning and pickling (?) in the summer and fall and it was a huge undertaking! It was fun to have friends and daughters join in the whole process.
The little girls pitted and cut for about an hour. They did a great job.

Sheri, (top), me, Jen , and Shelley (below) workin' in the kitchen.

We love jam!

3 comments:

Emilie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Sorry, I was signed in as Em when I wrote that comment. I loved reading all your posts!! Canning was fun - I'm going to get you back for posting that pic of me - I knew I should've put makeup on. Happy 4th!! We are going to have to try Yo Yum Yum. LOVED the video. You should get kick backs for free advertising!!

jkpieren said...

Send some yummy jam to Alaska!:)
You should come over and make Alaskan blueberry jam...but bring a gun because the Alaskan grizzlies are ferocious!