
Well, Alex is officially old. Middle School starts in a few months! My kids are growing up too fast! It was amazing to see all of these kids - some of which went to Kindergarten with Alex, all ready to tackle junior high. Today was the fifth grade promotion and it was wonderful. The kids were so happy and excited to be together and celebrate all of their accomplishments.

The day was a bit crazy -(normal for a typical Arnold day). I had to help set up at around 7:30, so Alex and I raced over to the school to start the day. When we got there, we realized that Alex's jeans and sweater that she chose to wear would have been the precursor to a heat stroke - so I jumped in the car and prayed that there would be a sundress in her size left at Target just waiting for me! Luckily, I found ONE medium in the store that would work. I drove back to school to find that school started 20 minutes earlier and Alex was rehearsing the "march" for the ceremonies coming up in less than an hour. So she changed quickly and I raced home to get Sophie ready for her last day (don't forget teacher gift, group gift, camera, video camera, put on makeup, Sophie's lunch - which I did forget - Alex's necklace which I got
here - it came this morning!! - write thank you's, etc.) and get back to school for the promotion ceremony at 9:30.

It all got done and it was a wonderful day. This is Alex and her awesome teacher, my friend, Mrs. Bain. I love her! She went above and beyond the job of teaching the kids this year. She would have "Muffin and Math" sessions the morning of a math test before school started. She would have study sessions for the kids after school and Alex benefited so much from her efforts.

After the awards and ceremonies, the kids all got together for pictures with each other. There were a few tears, but mostly smiles.

After report cards and goodbyes, we headed to Matt's school to pick him up for lunch - kid's choice - Burger King. Sophie was the last to be picked up. She went from school to her class pool party - which was so awesome. Alex went to her friend's to swim while Matt played upstairs with his buddies. Busy, memorable days :)
No comments:
Post a Comment