Today was kind of a sad day for the kids (and moms) in Mrs. Mitchell's Kindergarten class. To me, a teacher is an extension of "mom" during school hours. I always feel sad at the end of a school year when it is time to say good bye to wonderful teachers. It was the Kindergarten Promotion Ceremony and it was so sweet. Sophie's teacher, Mrs. Mitchell, retires this year. She is a wonderful teacher and an example to me and the kids. I feel so blessed that she was able to be Sophie's teacher. She was everything you could ask for in a Kindergarten teacher; patient, fun, fair and so loving to the children in that class. Today at the Promotion, she handed a certificate to each child and told us something about each one as she presented them with their certificate. At the end of the little speech about each child, she let them decide whether they wanted to give her a handshake or a hug. I was teary during the whole thing! You could really feel the love she had for each one of the kids in her class. She is wonderful! Sophie is sad to leave Kindergarten, but excited for summer vacation too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ditto! Ditto! I thought I was the only parent who cried on the last day of school. Every year it catches me by surprise as I tear up saying goodbye and thank you to the kids' teachers. You said it very well in your blog.
SO cute and SO sad - another year gone by!! I'm so sad Jack and Nate will miss out on having Mrs. Mitchell as a teacher. Brandon had her when he was in K.
Post a Comment