Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Like Grandma, Like Grandaughter

This is my favorite picture of my mom, Linda Carnegie Smith, when she was around 20 years old. I love everything about it; the pigtails, the glasses, her expression, and the fact that she is eating a banana. My kids love the picture too, so we framed it and put it on our piano. When we were at Costco for Steve's birthday last week, Sophie decided to try on the glasses while Steve paid for the butter I bought. She tried these on and said, "Now I look just like Grandma. All I need is a banana. Can I get these?"
I love how little things like a photograph can bind loved ones even closer.

3 comments:

jkpieren said...

Awwww! So sweet! Grandma is so beautiful! Sophie adorable! Love it!

Emily C said...

those pictures are so cute. i still think the picture of your mom looks like spunky little alex. :)

Jen said...

LOVE her!! It's not often you have a picture of someone eating fruit - there is something so wholesome about it. I want to put that picture in my house... hehe