Sunday, June 30, 2013

must...catch...up...


Instagram has taken over my blog life!  It is so easy to snap a picture on my phone, write a few words and move on to the next part of my day.  Sadly, I have let this blog slip. I'm determined to get back to it!  Starting today :)

This picture pretty much sums up Christmas.  We were together, having treats and going to movies at this theater.

I look at this picture and can't believe how many Christmases I've spent with these people.  I have loved watching them grow and change each year.  I remember helping them write detailed letters to Santa describing in detail the toys they hoped to find under the tree.  Nowadays, they know what they'd like but they're more interested in what friends can come over ASAP after gifts are opened.

I remember putting them to bed early, explaining that Santa would be here soon, and they needed to be asleep so he could bring them their presents.  They'd happily oblige, but not before leaving out plenty of cookies and milk for him, along with a carrots for the hungry reindeer.  And it wouldn't take ANY effort to get them out of bed!  In fact, they were the ones waking US up Christmas morning.  EARLY.  Now, they stay up later than Steve and I do, talking to their friends or playing games on their phones, eating Santa's cookies in their beds. Christmas morning, I usually have time to take a shower and maybe even make breakfast before the kids even open their eyes.

This coming Christmas will be my last with Matt before he goes on his mission next summer.  I can't believe that time of life is approaching...sending off my kids into the world one by one.  Watching my little ones grow up has been the best part of my life!  Filled with laughter and tears, I wouldn't trade a day of it for anything.


No comments: