Today was day 2 of Sophie riding her bike to school.
She fell off her bike on the way home.
Summer starts next week.
I knew someone was going to break a bone...
She is one tough girl. She didn't really make a peep during the dr. exam. The tears came when she realized Jr. Lifeguards was out for the summer. And when she realized she would miss her field trip tomorrow. I am so sad for her!!
When we got home from the dr., the first thing she did was go to her friend's house.
This girl doesn't slow down for anything!
Except a burger and fries from In-n-Out.
This was a "mom-of-the-year" moment (said with sarcasm).
When Sophie's friend called me to say Sophie wanted me to come pick her up because she fell off her bike, I took the "just jump up and brush yourself off" approach. I asked her if she thought she could make it home and she replied that she thought she could. I told her I was making a cake and it would be ready when she got home. 5 minutes later, my friend pulls up with Sophie in the back seat of his truck and her bike in the back. She was crying and ran to her room to lie down.
EMBARASSING.
Sophie told my friend that I said I couldn't pick her up because I was making a cake.
(cringe)
Well, at least she got a piece of cake when the dr. visit was all over...right???
And I bought her the first season of Who's the Boss to watch as she is on the mend.
(impulse buy at the check out at CVS Pharmacy as I was buying Motrin for Sophie).
She loves it.
Especially with cake and a friend.



No comments:
Post a Comment