These last few months (especially the last two weekends) have been so fun! And SO busy. The girls have been rehearsing and performing for most weekdays and then doubling up shows on Saturdays. Throw in homework, early morning seminary and a prom and it doesn't get much busier than that!
The girls have loved playing with make up and wearing fun costumes. I have the craziest bathroom which needs a desperate remodel, but it is a little girl dream. Do you see all those light bulbs????
Not so fun for me in the morning (see all signs of aging), but the girls love getting ready for the show in there.
One of my favorite numbers in the show is Sophie's Charleston group. I watch it over and over on my phone.
Backstage it is all about curly hair and homework.
They put this most unflattering mirror in the GIRLS change room. How sad. Who planned that???
I had to get a picture.
I have to say that my favorite moment of the week came when we were hustling out the door, me calling out the usual checklist (homework? check!, snacks? check!, etc.) when Sophie stopped to take time to smell the roses. Literally! She was rushing to the car when she spotted this particular flower growing by the driveway. She said,
"Mom, look at how pretty this flower is!"
I said, "Yes, it is! Ok, get in the car."
She turned around, ran inside and came out with some scissors. She carefully cut the rose from the bush and brought it inside. When I came home that night I found it in the window in a cup of water.
It was a good lesson for me. I don't want to rush through my days or even minutes. I need to take more time to look at the beauty and joy around me once in awhile and appreciate it!
Thanks Sophie!





No comments:
Post a Comment