Monday, February 13, 2012

food for breakfast and the grammys

I eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the grammys.

Here is my most excellent BAKED OATMEAL recipe:

Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 2 quart, 8 inch round baking dish.  Cover the bottom of the dish with a chopped apple (I use Granny Smith), and I LOVE  to pour whatever blueberries I have over the apples.  

In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups oats, 1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp. flax meal, 1 tsp. baking powder, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon 1/4 tsp. ginger, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, 1/8 tsp. salt.  Pile the mixture over the fruit.


In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups milk, 1 egg, 2 T. melted butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1 tsp. pure maple syrup (opt.).  Pour over the oatmeal to cover. 

Drizzle with a little butter and sprinkle with this:

Bake for 35-40 minutes.  I serve mine with a little milk. 
It is SOOO good!  The best way to eat oatmeal before it becomes dessert.  
 Watching her...


and eating a bowl of this = couch heaven.
Sophie loves Adele.  Watching her watch Adele made my night perfect.

No comments: