Tuesday, February 21, 2012

food for the weekend

I love food.

It has been one of my most favorite things about life ever since I was little.  I was pretty picky too, but when I found something delicious to eat, I thought about it for awhile after eating it.  I even wrote about it!  In my Kindergarten composition books I remember writing about food.  Brownies, mom's lasagna, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream (mainly dessert).  No matter what the original assigned subject was (the weather outside, what I wanted to be when I grew up, my favorite hobby, etc.) I managed to sneak a few thoughts in about my culinary faves.  

Today I am doing a food round-up of my favorite food moments last weekend!

Some friends took us to a Chinese food place we had never tried (Lotus).  The menu looked interesting.  I had to take a few pics.



I didn't ask what the "special ingredient was"...

My YW lesson on Sunday was entitled Divine Roles.  
As I was preparing the lesson, I kept writing "Divine ROLLS."

So I made some!


After church, we ate with friends.  We had homemade waffles with all the fixin's .  
The table was so beautiful, I had to take a few pictures.





President's Day meant errands and projects.  Sophie was a trooper up on the roof ALL day with Steve fixing our chimney.  She is the best little worker!  We decided she could choose the FHE dinner/treat.  

Surprise!!  She chose pizza. 

And a friend.  




It was a yummy weekend indeed.

2 comments:

Emily C said...

your table setting is beautiful! such beautiful plates! And I'm with ya 100% of love for food. I was always my mom's eating out buddy, she'd take me to all the best restaurants in New Orleans. mmmmm mmmm mmmm! When i think of fun things to do, it usually involves eating out somewhere, thinking of a new recipe to try, or making something yummy. i miss you - my favorite baking neighbor!!!

Kristin said...

Emily! I miss you!! That table setting IS beautiful...not mine though. A friend of ours brought out their china for dinner and it was lovely! I miss your best-german-chocolate-cake-i-have-ever had. Move back please!