Thursday, April 28, 2011

carnival cookies...anyone???

Once in awhile I like to try to bake "good for you treats" - ex. chick pea brownies - and generally I am the one who eats them...just me.  I bought a new cookbook called Super Natural Every Day - and I love it!   I made these yummy treats today.  They are really good!  On the way home from picking up Sophie, I told her about them.

Me:  Sophie I made these cookies today called Carnival Cookies and they are so good!  They have everything you eat at a carnival in them:  peanuts, popcorn and chocolate.

Sophie:  And cotton candy?

Me:  No, but they are awesome!

Sophie:  I'll be the judge of that.



Sophie:  How about I just eat the leftover popcorn?

At least I thought they were good!  And now I will proceed to eat the whole batch.

Carnival Cookies from Super Natural Every Day by Heidi Swanson

Oven 350 - line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix in bowl - 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/4 cup barely warmed coconut oil.
In another bowl - 1 1/2 cups oats, 1/2 cup almond meal, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt
Add dry to wet and fold in 2/3 cup shelled whole peanuts, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 1/2 cups popped corn.
Firmly shape heaping tablespoon sized dough into balls and place on baking sheet.  Bake 14 to 17 minutes.

They are yummy...if you like that sort of guilt-free dessert thing!

No comments: