Friday, January 21, 2011

A day in the life...

 When I got a laptop for my birthday, my sister laughed at me and asked, "So how many computers does that make in your family???"  (Steve likes to build them as a hobby so I won't say how many we now have cuz...it is weird.)  But I REALLY needed one because I am in the van ALL afternoon and I love my web surfin' so now nothing comes between me and cyber space :)  (nerd)  So anyways, yesterday was a crazy "in my van all afternoon" day.  I think I used up a quarter of a tank of gas and I didn't even leave HB!  It started when I dropped off the kids at each of their schools and thought to myself, "I need to spend more time with Alex."  So after a vt appointment with awesome Rosa, I ran to Jersey Mikes to get an enormous sandwich to share with my girl.  It was a quick lunch in the van, because it was early release from school so I had to run and pick up Sophie early.
 The crazy time of day was between 1:00 and bedtime.  After early pick up, I was planning on taking the girls to piano for 2:15.  BUT..Matt called at 1:45 saying he needed to come home before his wrestling tournament to shower (??) and he needed food and to be returned to Edison for the tournament at 2:15.  Not possible.  I picked him up, told him he had 6 minutes to do everything and be in the car. I did everything I could to wait for him (ironed on all the wrong patches on Sophie's girl scout uniform).  Sadly, it didn't happen according to my plan so I ended up taking the girls -  Matt was mad cuz I didn't wait - and racing home to take Matt back to the tournament - he was late- back to piano to take Sophie to girl scouts at the beach - she was late - back to piano to pick up Alex - I was late - then to Dell Taco (thank you fast food)  - then to Matt's tournament - ON TIME!!

Sophie even got to work the snack bar (her favorite thing to do at wrestling tournaments).

Luckily, I got to unwind a bit with my girl friends at Panera for a little birthday get together later on that night.

Now it is today and it all starts over!!

1 comment:

JS said...

That is so crazy! I need to really enjoy this time with ti
Toddlers! I can't image how crazy it will get! It was fun to hang last Night though!