Thursday, June 17, 2010

summer reading book worm

This is so fun (if your kids are into it, that is...). To get my kids to read during the summer, I make a "book worm" on the wall. Anytime someone reads a book, they fill out a circle with their name, book title and the number of pages in the book. We attach it to the book worm on their wall and see how big it can get by the end of the summer.
This year, we are awarding the kids by number of pages read. So far, Sophie is over 250 pages in! Once they hit 700 pages, they can start over. In the prize box I will put little things like strips of paper with "sleepover with a friend" or some little toys or hair things. One thing I would like to do is have Sophie pick a book and host her own book club party at the end of the summer. I will think about that after I get through today...8th grade promotion, beach party, swim team, and who knows what else!

1 comment:

jkpieren said...

I like it. Good idea Kwissy.