Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crazy Weather!!!

I have had a bit of a frustrating 48 hours. I usually love the rain! This week...NO MORE!! I could feel a cold/flu coming on Monday night. Of course - it came on. So Tuesday I found myself flu-y/fever-y and running around in the rain. But not just any rain...like - TORNADO rain! I had to pick up Matt at school for an orthodontist appointment in the early afternoon. Driving there was amazing! In a bad way. I couldn't see 2 feet infront of me. By the time I got there, I was scared to get out of the car! I overcame my fear and ran to the office. Little did I know the school had been put in lockdown mode because of a tornado warning. I was soaked by the time someone let me in. Then, the office staff started shouting, "Get away from the windows!! Get under the tables!" Seriously?? So I did as I was told and 5 minutes later, the tornado warning was over. I picked up all 3 kids so I wouldn't have to brave the storm again! As soon as we pulled into our place, the sun comes out...I am sick...and I have all 3 kids home from school early. Grr.
This morning, I heard that the storms would be worse than yesterday! So, even though I felt yucky, I drove to 4 different Targets to find rain boots. I guess they are in style this year because NOT ONE TARGET HAD THEM. Even online the ones I want only come in a size 6. Sigh. Well, I am in the "count your blessings" part of the day. I am grateful to be in my warm home with my healthy kids. Steve is in Florida, but I am grateful he is safe. I am grateful nobody was hurt yesterday in that storm (see photo above). Phew!!

No comments: