Saturday, September 19, 2009

Six Flags with the Fam


When Steve's sister and her family came to visit, we made a trip to Six Flags. I had never been there before...I heart Disneyland now even more.
Here is Sophie checking out Bugs Bunny's hole. In the words of Elaine (my sis in law), "Boy, this has Toon Town beat." (said with sarcasm). I laughed heartily.
The kids had a ball in spite of its' non-Disney feel. I didn't see Matt all day...with the exception of in the line for Tatzu. I chickened out at the last minute. Alex rode that ride! I would have gotten a picture of it, but when Kylee and I rode "Log Jammer" my camera got soaked and died for the day. More about "Log Jammer" later.
Here we are on a little roller coaster in the toddler town. I noticed that this ride takes your picture - a la California Screamin'. I thought to myself, "Gee, that is cute that they thought of takin' a picture of the little ones." Well, I rode the ride, got a dead arm around one of the corners and hoped they didn't capture the moment on film with my face expressing my shock that I actually got an injury on a baby ride. Then, since nobody was in line for the ride, they gave us another go at it...for fun.
Elaine was hilarious. She took pictures all day of the park's 'interesting' features. We laughed much.
Sophie really had the best time ever. Since most of the people in the park were there for the big time roller coasters, she got the little rides almost all to herself.

At lunch (eew), Rob, my brother in law, asked if we thought that TV overwhelmed the room (lol).
We really had fun hangin' with the family that day. Good times.

LOG JAMMER - a water ride where you sit in a log (think Splash Mountain Disney) and get soaked...you think! Just when you think, "Man, I got soaked," you come around the last turn in the ride where people standing on land pay $1.00 to full on drench you with a "hose" and you CANNOT dodge it. Kylee, my niece, and I just sat in our log, water dripping from wherever it could drip, my camera drowning a slow death. Fun. I laughed later when my camera started working.

No comments: