Thursday, May 28, 2009

I love rhubarb season!

This is one of my favorite times of the year because of rhubarb!  So far this month I have made 2 different rhubarb crisps and this rhubarb pie.  This week...rhubarb muffins!!

Sophie takes after me with her love of rhubarb.  Before I rolled out the dough, I chopped up some of the veggie and gave it to her with a little bowl of sugar.  She ate all the pieces.  Then she asked for some leftover pie dough and made her own little pies by rolling a piece of rhubarb in sugar then wrapping it in a piece of dough.  Then she rolled that in some cinnamon sugar.  We baked them and she took them to school the next day in her lunch box.  She also made a platypus out of the pie dough scraps, sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar and gave it rhubarb eyes.  

No comments: