Anyways, my sister called me yesterday asking for a Molasses Cookie recipe. I gave her my most favorite one. She ended up making a different recipe she found on Recipezaar.com and said that they were delicious. (I ended up making my own recipe because...well, why not). She thought hers would be better, so we are doing another taste test! Here is my recipe:
14 tablespoons butter
2 cups sugar, divided
1/3 cup molasses
2 ½ cups flour
1 ¼ tsp. Ground ginger
1 tsp. Cinnamon
¾ tsp. Baking soda
¼ tsp. Salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Oven 350
Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside. In a medium –size saucepan, melt the melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the sugar along with the molasses. Cool for 15 minutes, or until tepid.
Meanwhile, mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Beat the egg into the butter mixture in the saucepan, then gradually add the flour mixture and stir until well combined (the dough will be soft).
Pour the remaining sugar into a small bowl. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the sugar. Place the balls on the baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies have flattened. Makes about 5 dozen.
Next week, I'll make her recipe (which I'm still waiting for her to e-mail to me.)
The Molasses Cookie Taste Test has begun!
2 comments:
Ohh! I will try this one! I am crazy about molasses cookies! I have a recipe that may be the same Recipezaar one but I always love expanding my horizons! Thanks
Funny stuff Sophie. Kristin your van is always clean. You are the freaky clean van lady!
Post a Comment