Yesterday, I was trying to think of a game that my kids could all play together and equally enjoy. The kids are all different ages with different interests, so I was having some trouble figuring this one out. We had tried UNO the other day, and the older ones got tired of "letting Sophie win".

In the Target game section, I came across several puzzles. I thought I'd give it a try. I found one that had cookies all over it (a sure winner), with both adult small size pieces and larger kid size pieces. After school, I brought out my experiment...WOULD WE HAVE SUCCESS??? (i.e. no crying, no teasing, etc.) YES!!! Everyone participated and had fun.
And I made this bread that I found on Soule Mama website called WHO bread. So good. I even forgot the brown sugar and cinnamon and it was still yummyish.
WHO Bread
1 1/4 cup water, 2 T honey, 2 1/4 tsp. yeast - Combine and let proof.
In a seperate bowl, combine 1 tsp. salt, 3 cups flour, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 T. brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 2 T. butter at room temp.
Pour yeast mixture into dry mixture. Combine and mix well. Place dough into a lightly oiled bread pan. Cover with damp towel and rise for about 1 hour. Punch down and let rise a second time until doubled. Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.
So easy, sooo good.
No comments:
Post a Comment