Saturday, August 2, 2008

When Family Visits

So we've been a little busy this week having a great visit with my sister and her family. Between the two of us, we got great pictures of all of the fun we had, but I forgot to make a disc before she left of her pics, so I posted a few of what I took. Disneyland was so fun. My friend told us the key was to get there before the park opened, and then we'd avoid the lines. She was right! As soon as the doors opened, we RAN to Peter Pan, and Dumbo and walked right on. (You have to do those rides for the Disney feel!) We headed over to Splash Mountain (no line), Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates - all walk on rides :) We continued to ride everything we wanted and had a wonderful time.
Beach days were another highlight. We ate, played, read, and even slept (see below) for hours on both of our beach days. The girls played in the water all day with no "when are we leaving" questions at all!
The weather was great and the breeze put Matt to sleep.
Sophie and Matt made their usual collection of sand balls and brought them home. I still don't know why, but it is a summer tradition.
Kerri has the pictures of the Dodger game we went to - SO fun. Shawn could have been awarded the Dodger fan of the year award. He was hilarious! He got our section cheering, clapping and laughing for the entire game.
We love summer! And we love family visits :)

2 comments:

jkpieren said...

Rob, love the sand balls!
Looks like you guys had so much fun! Wish we could have been with you. Maybe next time.

Dixons said...

I really need to just stop looking at all your blogs. I just get too homesick for life back in HB! Looks like you're having a blast! Love and miss you guys!