As I was perusing the aisles at Target today, I came across this neat little book. From what to eat at Olive Garden to healthy kid snacks you buy at the grocery store, this book gives good options ("good" meaning the kids will eat it, I can find it at Target or the regular grocery store, and it is not crazy expensive) and compares them with not-as-healthy choices. It also gives great tips on cutting calories (more for me than for the kids). For example, the book says, "Regardless of which pizza chain your family pledges its allegiance to, ham and pineapple is one of the most trusted combinations you can order. Ham is the leanest meat you can put on a pie, while pineapple adds low-cal sweetness and a dose of anti-oxitdents." I was surprised at some of the comparisons. For instance, at Wendy's, it is better to order a Single Burger with Everything, than a Chicken Club Sandwich - a difference of over 100 calories and 5 grams of fat. (Then it goes on to suggest obvious healthy choices like Small chili with baked potato, etc.)
Anyways, it is fun to read! Matt even picked it up and read through it. Now that the kids are going back to school, I can focus, read and maybe learn something!
2 comments:
Looks interesting... i want to hear some more!!
Rad! I'll check it out!
Post a Comment