Also, I tried a new recipe. You can find it here. It is called Salt-Kissed Buttermilk Cake. I really liked it. It isn't a sweet cake; kind of reminded me of cornbread in texture. The topping is the best using the raw turbinado sugar and even a sprinkling of coarse grain salt. I used blackberries instead of raspberries, and it was really good.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Sophie's Thoughts and Yummy Cake
The other day, Sophie's room needed an overhaul. I told her to go clean her room repeatedly over the course of an hour. She did everything but do the job I asked her to do. Finally, I did the official countdown to "big trouble" and gave her 5 seconds to get going. She got the message and ran into her room. Not a minute later she came over to where I was working in the kitchen and just stood there. I asked her what in the world she was doing and why wasn't she cleaning her room??? She just looked at me and matter-of-factly said, "I'm on my break."

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's the best Sophie story yet! Love her cute comments. I think you should write up what she said to me recently about not watching her back at all times. I"m excited to try this recipe too. It reminds me of my salted jam on toast escapade.
Post a Comment