Thursday, July 25, 2013

A few highlights from spring

In and effort to catch up, I'm just posting a few pictures of days I don't want to forget.  I find that if I don't record it somewhere, it is forgotten!

We tried Lucille's BBQ for Steve's birthday. 
YUM!
The diet coke alone in these mason jars was so good.
Sophie's smoothie...not so good. 


I'm thrilled that we renewed our Diz passes.  I loved taking my kids there when they were young. I had to buy Alex these ridiculous platform flip flops so she could ride the big kid rides.  They became famous and we ended up lending them out to fellow parents of short kids.  They literally fell apart one day from miles walked in them at Disneyland.
 Matt had the cutest crush on Alice (I'll have to find a picture of them together) and Alex loved Dopey. I was pregnant with Sophie and unbelievably nauseous when we would chase down these characters for a picture.  I still have a "gaggy" reaction upon entering the happiest place on earth, smelling the vanilla sugar smell that lingers in the air on Main Street. Memories of "morning" sickness and Disneyland aroma are linked in my mind.  It doesn't last long, thankfully.  I now love the Disneyland smell like I did before pregnancy days. 
 I remember the stroller being a bit of a challenge.  Sophie (the baby) wouldn't stay in it for anything.  Alex (5 years older than Sophie) wouldn't stay out of it.  And Matt ran ahead of it all the time.  Our first Disney day without a stroller was THE BEST!  We zoomed in and out of crowds and got on anything we wanted.  
When Sophie turned seven, that was another Disney milestone.  We could all ride SINGLE RIDER!  We rode all of the cool rides over and over.
  

The last time we went I saw this sketch.  
Sophie.

Spring (and Disneyland) means jasmine blossoms!  
I walked Teddy by the greenbelt in April and found a wall of them growing by a house.  I had to go over and take a picture (and pick a few blooms). 


It was my niece's birthday over spring, and she loves to hear stories.  So I made one up and told it to her on the phone.  When she was about three she was visiting and she wanted a bedtime story.  I told her my version of Little Red Riding Hood. 
SHE WAS SO CUTE!
The suspense made her hold her breath!  She'd let out long breaths between "scary"parts.  I was in heaven!  Love her.  


I love Pinterest:


Sophie made this centerpiece for Easter.


That chocolate egg is two years old.  Glad she found a use for it!




No comments: