Friday, June 29, 2012

pics from the last 24 hours

This kid makes me laugh.  Tears even come.  He refuses to let me take his picture, so I was surprised to find that he not only let me take a few pictures of him during our lunch yesterday, but I was shocked that he even smiled in some of them!


Alex came home from camp today :)  She is sleep deprived, meat deprived (vegetarian camp), and phone deprived (no phones allowed).  Sophie and I made her this welcome home sign before she came home.  I love my chalkboard wall!


Our dog is so funny.  He refuses to go for walks around our home.  If he sees, smells or tastes the air of our house, he wants to be in it.  That is why we drive him 4 blocks away to this green belt.  He will walk forever and play until he wears himself out.

Here is Sophie with him this morning.


Just FYI:  I was watching the Today show this morning where a nutritionist talked about the most effective of three diets at raising metabolism while losing weight.  The 3 diets were low fat, low carb, and low glycemic.  Low carb was the winner, but eating that way had other adverse effects.  The study showed that low glycemic is the way to go (think low sugar).  So I looked up some menu plans and they are full of lentils and beans.  So I made this recipe today to use in lunches this week.  It is actually pretty good!  I will probably be the only one eating it though...maybe Steve??  I canNOT diet...I can't give up chocolate pop tarts, chocolate raisins, cookies, bread, etc., but I love eating healthy! (for the most part).

No comments: