Monday, May 14, 2012

my baby is 10


Saturday was Sophie's 10th birthday!  We were a little late getting to the donut shop, so we picked her breakfast from the leftovers...ENORMOUS!


I cut them up and the kids shared them with their friends throughout the day.

Then I made her birthday banner!  

She has been asking me to sketch her for awhile now, so instead of decorating with her pictures, I drew her instead :)



Because her puppy was her "party" this year, Sophie just swam with a friend or two in the afternoon.


Ice cream was on the agenda, so Steve took us to Hans in Costa Mesa.
NOT  cheap.  Over $4.00 a scoop!!  

We tried a few free samples to get our money's worth (sort of).




Steve loves this place because it sells his favorite ice cream, Black Licorice.  He thought he could only get it at the Lake near my parents' house.





Sophie chose a Pinky's Raspberry cupcake for her birthday cake this year.  

And she wanted to light the candle by herself.


We ended the day with a movie at the $3.00 theater (Mirror, Mirror).  

I can't believe all my kids are in the double digits now!

Happy Birthday Sophie!  I love you :)

1 comment:

Emily C said...

oh my goodness - i can't believe your baby is 10!!!
and that sketch is amazing!! i didnt know you could draw. wow!!