Friday, May 18, 2012

"Magical" Date Night


We went here last night.  

AWESOME!!

We went with a friend of Steve's and his wife for dinner and magic shows.  The magicians were excellent!  I am a perfect audience member for shows like this.  My jaw drops and they probably love my expressions of awe and wonder that I can't hide!

It really is a beautiful thing to see a good magician do their thing.  

And the 'castle' itself was really something to see.  I was reminded of Hogwarts, Disneyland, and Vegas all night long!  I didn't know which way was up in there.  Ornate woodwork, narrow hallways and staircases framed by photos covering the walls, doors everywhere leading to interesting little rooms where magicians perform on stages or around tables, magic memorabilia (think original Houdini straight jackets and shackles)behind glass here and there, and even some ventriloquist artifacts and puppets in rooms that kind of appear out of nowhere...loved it.  


I want to go back, but I don't have the hundreds of dollars required for the initial membership enrollment fee.  Oh well!

No comments: