Friday, April 20, 2012

stressful things and cake

I can handle most anything stress related without too much of a physical reaction (heart palpitations, raised blood pressure, etc.) with the exception of a few things.  One being in TRAFFIC.  


Sophie took a few pictures on the way home from her choir practice yesterday.  The drive should take 16 minutes according to my iPhone.  NOT ONE HOUR.  

I am not a fan of the 405 freeway.  At rush hour.  


We made it home eventually and then Steve and I went on our date night.  (We switched date night to Thursdays now that our teenagers kind of take over the weekends!).   

Sadly the date night only added to the stress that had accumulated on the freeway.  We ate at Cheesecake Factory off of their newish "skinny menu."  

TERRIBLE.  

Their lettuce wrap chicken tacos were flavorless!!  Yuck.  Anyways, we decided to finish off the date seeing a movie.  LAME!!  We saw Wrath of the Titans.  Again, Yuck.  
But at least we got some laughs at how we were on the most lame date ever.

The stress continued as I slept.  I had a dream that I lived in a hotel and I couldn't find the right room.  And when I did finally find it, the door was so small I couldn't get in (think Alice in Wonderland without the potion).  

Today has been a recovery day with a good workout this morning, a quick house cleaning to a relaxing playlist, and lunch (YUMMY street tacos) with a wonderful friend (who is moving to Utah...can't go there right now...).  

I picked up Sophie, she was craving cake so we decided to try a Pinterest recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake in a mug.  She made the whole thing by herself!



She cracked the egg in the bowl and said, "Mom!  This egg looks like a duck!"







Only took a few minutes to mix together and a minute to bake in the microwave!




Et Voila!  Cake for one.





Now she is making one for Alex. 

No comments: