Sunday, November 27, 2011

thanksgiving with friends


I love Thanksgiving!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year celebrating over at our friends' home.








There was so much food, it felt like we could have fed the whole neighborhood.





Jen made this AWESOME popcorn turkey that was filled with her yummy popcorn.  The legs even had "dark meat" caramel corn.



Dessert...mmmmmm.


After dinner, some of us went outside to play street soccer.



We decided to move the party to our place to watch movies and break into that popcorn turkey.  It was a wonderful day!  Thank you Hafens!!

10 things I am thankful for right now:

1.  family and friends who feel like family
2.  healthy loved ones
3.  beautiful weather and fresh air that brings smells of neighborhood flowers my way
4.  the gospel that gives me a foundation for living and teaching my kids how to live
5.  free long distance calling to Canada (when we first got married it was so expensive per minute!)
6.  my crazy new OLD house that challenges me to develop patience every day and brings out my sleepy creative juices
7.  I know I said family, but I have to say my best friend, Steve
8.  daily good news from others that I love
9.  chocolate in any form (loving the hot chocolate from Mimi's right now!)
10.  the Christmas season and all the joy and happiness it brings!!



No comments: