Saturday, March 5, 2011

question for my friends...

I have a question.  And anyone who has an opinion, answer, thought or ANYTHING at all is welcome to leave their thoughts because I don't think I can answer it by myself.  Here it is...

How do you know when you worry too much...and what do you replace the worry with if you are worrying too much?


I went to a wonderful RS Stake Conference today and I loved the class about "what to do when things in life don't go according to your plan."  It was great!  The speaker talked about how we all mentally write our life story.  "In pen."  When things don't go according to our plans, we tend to STRESS and worry. We can't mentally change our plan because of the way we were hoping our life would play out. Our teacher told us to learn to rewrite our life story "in pencil" so that when surprises happen along the way, we can adjust our thinking and be happy or content.  I get the principle here, but it is so hard to adjust my thinking from a worried state of mind to a content one!  Any thoughts??

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh gosh! This is a tough one. I think most every woman I know worries like this! Especially when it's about their children. I try really hard to just let it go. To put it in Gods hands. I know that is sometimes hard to do. But I remind myself that Heavenly Father has the big picture and all my worrying in the world will not change what is going to happen. Good luck! I can not wait to read what advice others may have! Cause I sure need help!

Kristin said...

Thank you Trisha!! I appreciate your words so much. I am going to think more about the "big picture" and decide whether or not the issues are worth the worry (and all that comes with it - wrinkles, gray hair, etc...)!