Saturday, January 29, 2011

life's loves and not loves



 I was watching Sophie this week as she was building her new little vanity with her dad.  She really enjoys doing build-it and fix-it projects with him.  She gets lost in it!  I love those things about life that we lose ourselves in because they are so fulfilling and so much fun.  Watching my kids find their life loves is so wonderful!  With some kids, it takes years of trying new lessons, sports, books, projects, clubs, play dates, etc., just to find their niche.  Once they find it...woo hoo!  Other kids seem to know exactly what makes them tick.  As a parent, I find it so rewarding to watch my kids bloom when they discover things they love...




Then there are life's NOT loves...




They have pretty much the opposite effect.

1 comment:

The Dunns said...

This is all too true. I love it. I'm afraid I'm guilty of making my kids play the piano not because they like it, but because I love hearing them play.